Professional MOT Tests in Knutton
At Vantage Tyres we have been offering our MOT tests to customers in and around the surrounding areas of Knutton for several years. With a team of highly trained and skilled mechanics at our disposal we’ll do our best to ensure your car passes its MOT test. Having worked in the MOT testing industry for a number of years, we have developed and honed our skills, to ensure one of the highest standards and most thorough MOT tests in the Knutton area. If you’re based in Knutton or the surrounding areas and are looking for an MOT centre, then look no further than Vantage Tyres.
MOT Tests Explained
All cars over the age of three years, must undertake in annual MOT tests as outlined by UK law. These MOT tests are roadworthy and meet current road safety and environmental standards. There are over 21,00 authorised MOT centres in the UK and Vantage Tyres of Knutton is one of those. On average most MOT tests take between 45 to 60 minutes, but this can vary depending on a number of factors. This can be anything from MOT testing failure to how busy the garage is. For more information on MOT Tests, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Vantage Tyres and we’ll be more than happy to help.
What Happens During an MOT Test?
Here at Vantage Tyres, we believe in helping our Knutton customers understand what checks are carried out during their MOT test. That’s why we’ve created a list of the checks involved during our MOT testing include:
- Tyres and Wheels
- Seat Belts
- Body Structure
- Exhaust and Fuel Emissions
- Drivers Road Views
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment
MOT Test Failure
Over the years, at Vantage Tyres we’ve had numerous cars fail their MOT tests, this can be for several reasons from something minor to something more major, not all MOT failures can be avoided. If your car does happen to fail its MOT test then, then Vantage Tyres will issue you with a VT30 Certificate, where it will explain why your car failed its MOT testing. As professional mechanics, we carry out the appropriate car repairs, ensuring your car passes its partial MOT when it’s put through it. With years of experience, we have carried out MOT tests for many customers throughout the Knutton area.
Most Simple Reasons for Failing MOT Tests
There are several reasons why some cars fail MOT tests. Our team at Vantage Tyres of Knutton, have come up with a list of the 5 most common reasons, why cars fail MOT Tests and how they can easily be rectified. These are:
- Screen wash not topped up - This task takes a few minutes to carry out and can avoid MOT testing failure.
- Clutter – Make sure your car is clean and clear of any clutter and don’t forget to give your mirrors and windows a clean.
- Registration plate problem – Make sure your plates are the correct type, and are secured to your car. If you have a personalised plate, make sure it follows DVLA rules.
- Stickers – Make sure your drivers view is clear, remove any stickers, permits or holding devices from the windscreen; ensuring you have a clear view.
- Warning Lights – If a warning light appears, know what it means and get it checked out.
Vantage Tyres for MOT Tests in Knutton
If you’re based in the Knutton area and are looking for a professional mechanic that offer MOT tests, then give Vantage Tyres a call. As an MOT centre, with a team of professionals we can help to get your car through its MOT test. To arrange an MOT test, give Vantage Tyres of Knutton a call and we’ll be happy to arrange one.